- When: 26 Feb 2019 at 10:00am – 12:30pm
- Where: Shepparton Library 41 Marungi St.
- Cost: Free
- Contact: Shepparton Library 1300 374 765
Get tech-savvy with us!
Social Seniors consists of three 2.5hr workshops. Participants need to attend all 3 sessions to build on skills and knowledge. Each participant needs to bring their own device.
Tuesday, 26th February 10.00 am - 12.30pm
The Social Seniors workshops provide activities that are geared towards ’learning by doing’. Participants will follow the facilitators lead in establishing social media profiles, engaging with groups, and creating their own digital stories—while comparing notes with other participants and sharing the outputs online in real time.
At the end of the three sessions participants will :
- Connect and share information on common interests
- Participate in community groups and activities using social media platforms
- Feel at ease using digital technology in their everyday life
- Find new opportunities for active pursuits and social activities in their local area
- Learn about online privacy and security and
- Build confidence to use online channels such as banking, paying bills and accessing local services.
- Some basic digital skills
- An email account
Bookings required and participant must attend all three workshops
For bookings or more information, call the library on 1300 374 765 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.