To join online, go to the Online Membership Form. When you complete the form, you will receive a temporary membership number. This temporary number allows you to reserve books and other items by placing holds online. This Online Membership number will expire in three months.
To borrow items and use the libraries online services, you will need a Full Membership. To receive your Full Membership and permanent library card you must visit your local GV Libraries branch and present your identification and proof of address details. Please bring your temporary membership number with you to give to library staff. Persons under the age of 18 will require a parent or guardians signature.
If you are already a library member, please do not join again. Your User ID is the number displayed on your library membership card. Key this number into the User ID box in the library catalogue. If you have forgotten your PIN, you can contact your local library or if you have an email address, you can reset your own PIN.
Online memberships do not have access to our online resources such as eBooks. Come in to any GVL branch to upgrade to a Full Membership.
Your membership card enables you to borrow items from the library, use the library PCs and access the collection of online resources from home. Your membership card must be presented for all library transactions.
You can request a PIN (personal identification number), which together with your membership barcode number, will allow you to access the library catalogue online to place holds or renew loans. it is important to key in your membership barcode number without any spaces between numbers. If you are unable to remember your PIN, you can reset it online and a reset link will be sent to your email address.
Why join? As a member, you can:
- borrow unlimited items including books, DVDs, talking books and magazines;
- download eBooks, eAudiobooks and eMagazines, and access our online streaming video services;
- borrow items from other Victorian public libraries;
- access online resources such as The Computer School and Transparent Language Online;
- use the PCs and wireless network in all libraries;
- use the library's facilities and resources;
- join in children's holiday activities, preschool storytime and programs for adults.